What's new

DVD Sets depreciating in value (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Next up is Enterprise. Then TNG. And hopefully DS9 and voyager will come but not counting on them. Thinking about giving my SD treks to my nephew. He’s 10. Likes adventure and space
Don’t forget to check out the Amazon.uk prices for Blu ray sets. I found their prices a steal, and of course they are all region free.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
One thing I noticed on the TOS Blu Ray. Is that at the end of each episode, it shows the Desilu logo. That I understand. But after that the CBS logo comes up and says 1978 paramount.

My question is why 1978 copyright? I’m assuming it has to do with the ownership maze that trek has been through over the years?
Somehow, the copyright year was never seen on any Desilu program in the 1966-67 season (nor early on in the 1967-68 season) in the original broadcast run.

In the case of Star Trek, after having lost one lawsuit over this to Thunderbird Films, eventually Paramount was able to buy back the copyright rights to the pre-1967 Star Trek episodes. The earliest Star Trek episode to be registered with the Paramount copyright was "Wolf in the Fold" on September 19, 1967, the date the final answer print was finished before being given to NBC (which first broadcast it as episode 2.14 on December 22, 1967), while the final episode not to have an onscreen copyright was "The Changeling" (episode 2.3, aired September 29, 1967) which was registered on September 13, 1967.

~Ben

Last edited:

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I'm not surprised, as the DVD format has been decreasing in value for years now. As the format goes away, the value of the discs should too, I reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks