8. How High
9. Sex & the City – Third Season
10. UHF
11. Ocean’s Eleven (P&S)
12. Behind Enemy Lines
13. From Hell
14. Legend Ultimate Edition
15. Memento Limited Edition

from Video Business, a Variety publication.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Great news!!! Both Oceans 11 and Harry Potter WS beat out their P&S alter-egos. This is a huge victory considering the large family appeal that Harry Potter will have.

We still have a long way to go in our battle, but at least we're winning a few victories here and there.

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, UHF could make more money than in its original theatrical run...but it still sucks.

I can't believe I saw it in the theater - chalk that one up to youth.

Sarah Temple

Agent
UHF may not be cinematic history or anything, but its funny. according to weird al, it bombed because it came out the same summer as honey i shrunk the kids. i personally think it bombed because its not that great. i was too young to see it in the theater, but eh... if i saw it for $9.99 id buy it in a heart beat.

Matthew H

Second Unit
UHF is one of my favorite films. I can't say how happy I am it's finally on DVD, and to see it actually make the top 10 has got to mean something. Never have I seen such a great lowbrow movie even crack the VideoScan top 20. Great news indeed! :)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
UHF is hilarious and one of my favorites as well. It's a great movie with a great DVD and it's top 10 entry is well-deserved.

Great bits from the commentary:
-Crispin Glover wanted to play Crazy Ernie but they went with someone else. They wanted him to play Philo but Glover would only play Ernie.
-listening to Michael Richards (who is in part of the commentary) thanking Al for his big break was priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks