What's new

DVD Sales Chart: Video Business (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The latest DVD sales chart from Video Business.
1.Ocean’s Eleven (Widescreen)
2.Ocean’s Eleven (Pan-and-Scan)
3.Behind Enemy Lines
4.Ali
5.The Last Waltz
6.Star Trek TNG: Season 2
7.Training Day
8.Not Another Teen Movie
9.Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh
10.Spy Game (Widescreen)
11.Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
12.Domestic Disturbance
13.Spider-Man: Villain Showdown
14.Friends: Season One
15.Black Knight
Interesting that "Spy Game" P&S has already dropped off the chart, but the WS version remains in the Top 10 for another week.

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
Man I can't tell you how this bugs the hell out of me. All of these companies are saying that the people want pan and scan and then when the sales show up the widescreen version is the clear winner. This is not right especially since there are a lot of movies coming out in the next few months that are pan and scan.

Craig_T

Second Unit
I'm surprised at how well these TV shows are selling, especially Star Trek TNG: Season 2 with its pretty high price.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Yes, TNG season 2 and The Last Waltz are very high. It's encouraging to know that more people brought The Last Waltz into their homes than Not Another Teen Movie last week.

And a note on the war against p&s: I'm curious to see how Snow Dogs will do on the next chart.

Rob T

Screenwriter
It's nice to see that the Spider-man disc is on there, too. On the Videoscan list at DVDfile it was like #4. :)

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
All of these companies are saying that the people want pan and scan and then when the sales show up the widescreen version is the clear winner.
These sales charts are for video retailers. They do not include data for Wal-Mart, Kmart and other general retailers, as far as I know. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If they did, P&S titles would have a much higher showing.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They track Best Buy, Circuit City, Tower, Amazon and a few others, but no Wal-Mart or Kmart. Probably because the selection is limited in those stores, while the Best Buys and the like generally have all titles and all formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks