What's new

dvd rom won't read all titles (1 Viewer)

Rocky F

Second Unit
I just got a new laptop (Sony VAIO) last night and am still in the process of setting it up and finding all the stuff. One thing that I noticed pretty quickly is the the DVD-ROM will not read all discs. Specifically, we have had problems with Disney titles like Monsters, Inc. and Beauty and the Beast. We put the discs in and it doesn't do anything. Disc one of Monsters inc. has worked but not disc two. Non disney movie we have tried, like Matrix and Spiderman loaded up fine.

Any suggestions anybody can give will be greatly appreciated.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have the same problem on my DVD Rom although the one on my laptop seems to pick up all the titles I throw its way. LG DVD ROM with Win XP.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
My particular driver used to read all titles but the newer titles seem to give it trouble. For instance, I was not able to get it to read the 4 disk FOTR, Spiderman or Ice Age as well as many others. I am in the process of obtaining/finding a more up-to-date driver for it to see if that fixes the problem.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Thanks for the responses Neil. I just decided to take it back to Best Buy and get them to look at it. They couldn't figure it out so they just exchanged it for a new laptop. I haven't had a chance to try many but I did try AOTC, which was one that wouldn't work, and it worked, so I guess that it was just a bad drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks