What's new

DVD rom freeze up (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Ok Guys
I've got an Msi K7T-pro2a with the newest bios, 256 meg of Hyundai ram, a maxtor 15 gig 5400 HHD, and an ATI rage Fury Pro video card.
EVERY time I try to play I get to the Logo, then the menu, once I click the system freezes.
To explain this more easily let's use the Matrix as an example. When I go to play "are You the one"game I can get all the stuff to play until I get to then video clips then it freezes and I need to do a hard boot...CTRL-ALT-DEl does nothing.
Agp is set at 4times, aperture is 64, and the virtual memory is set at 1000 megs.
I can load anything from the DVD rom but I can't play DVDs.
Brent L
The DVrom is a no name Afreey unit. My ATI card has hardware decoding.
Help me please, any ideas would b e great.

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
What software are you using for your DVD ROM to play the
movies? I'd try a different one just for the heck of it and see if that works.
------------------
Steve,
DVD Collection

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I've tried Win-DVD, the ATI HARDWARE dvd player, and the PC friendly interface.
Any more ideas?? I'm thinking it's the Vid card.
Brent L

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure you have DMA unchecked in Device manager.
I had a similar problem with mine, except i could play DVDs but they were very choppy when they played. I'd take a look at your bios and check the settings as well.
------------------
Steve,
DVD Collection

del jones

Auditioning
try using dvd station software & a hollywood magic decoder card. It solved my freeze ups with power dvd

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
Horrible to say, but try removing PCFriendly and your DVD software, then reinstalling only the software. You lose the PCFriendly capabilities, but I have run into so many compatibility issues on both of my systems that I had to take it off completely. It would lock every movie I tried after a minute or two. I have had no problems after removing it though. Best of luck.
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Tyler has a good point about PCFriendly. It's anything but.
Also, try removing/reinstalling the multimedia sections. Check your video and sound drivers, a reinstall of those wouldn't hurt either in case they've become corrupted somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks