What's new

DVD Retailers in New York City (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone please list a couple of worthwhile DVD retail outlets in the central Manhatten-Soho-Eastside area that would stock decent classics, criterion, foreign, etc?

I'd like to pick up a few titles while Im in the city next month. I'm very familiar with everything else, but just never saw fit to go DVD shopping there before.. I figured it'd be fun to pick up those few titles Ive avoided due to Canadian distribution and billingual crap here, etc.

So any suggestiong would be reccommended!!

There's also a couple of older classic WHV box sets that Ive never gotten around to buying and can longer find on shelf in a condition that doesn't look like they've been used in a little league soccer game... so anywhere I might find some older WB classic box sets (like the Legends Collection, etc) would be great - Ive been searching everywhere!

Also really looking forward to that B Noir festival at the Film Forum -- can't wait!!! :)

RafaelB

Second Unit
Hey Marco-

I find that, when I'm in Manhattan and on the lower East Side, Kim's Video at St. Mark's Place to have all kinds of eclectic DVDs from Criterion's to R2 stuff.

Rafael.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I would suggest J&R, but that is closer to the finanicial district. They stock plenty of Criterion, it even has its own section...small, but its still its own section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks