What's new

DVD Retail Stores in Fort Lauderdale, Miami? (1 Viewer)

Robert Sharp

Auditioning
My parents are travelling to Florida from England in March and I'd like to be able to direct them to the best places in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, where they could pick me up some DVDs. Can anyone help?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Where in Fort Lauderdale? It is a big town.

I usually shop at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target (all of which you can find on Federal Hwy. now on the east side of town and also near the Sawgrass Mills on Sunrise. Blvd in the west (the Target is in the mall though).

Otherwise, CD HEAVEN on Commercial Blvd less than 1 mile west of Federal Hwy. sometimes has good deals (all their DVDs are $15 to $20 w/ used CDs @ $7).

Can't say much about the stores right now, as I am living in Orlando right now :)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Robert,if you dont mind the drive, Movies4Sale has a great selection of dvds both new and used.Prices vary between great and "they're charging $20 bucks for this junk?" :D They also have great service and can usually order a movie for you if you cant find it. Be careful however as they sometimes carry the Canadian version of some dvds with the bilingual cover art.(On the plus side I was able to get both Sallville and Brotherhood of the wolf 3-disc from them)Its located in the Oakwood Plaza, East off of I-95 between Sheridan and Sterling road. Let me know what you think if you go.

Later,
Luis S

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Robert here's what to do. Go to Bestbuy.com and select the movies you want then print the list and have your parents get them for you. This way you get what you want.

Circuit City selection at the store are not easily setup like BB. Walmart someties have cheap dvds too.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Also circuit city around here,in my experience at least ,have been FAR more helpful and friendly than best buy. They are always willing to look up a title for you,even over the phone. And the best part is they dont feed you a line like "its not on the shelf so no we dont have it" They check the inventory on the computer first!:emoji_thumbsup: Definately where I go to get dvds :D

Stephanie T.

Stunt Coordinator
Do your parents have the appropriate regional DVD player? I thought that the UK and the US were in incompatible DVD regions.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, he wants them for himself :)

And only in the US do you have to jump through hoops to watch anything made in the world. Region free players are plentiful elsewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks