DVD request: Darby O'Gill - Disney

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey_K, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Jeffrey_K

Jeffrey_K Agent

It would be a great idea for Disney to release "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" on DVD. Around St. Patrick's Day, the Columbus, Ohio Metropolitan Library checks out over 100 copies! We would buy it immediately, it is a St. Paddy's day favorite of ours! Thanks.

2. Aaron Thomas

Aaron Thomas Stunt Coordinator

Dear Disney,

Please release "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" in its original widescreen OAR.

If you want to make some real money by slapping a Special Edition banner on the box, please include "I Captured the King of the Leprechauns". (In this "not quite making of", Walt goes to Ireland to hire some native leprechauns for his next movie [​IMG])

I wouldn't mind a featurette on the music, either.
    Great stuff.

Aaron Thomas
    "Oh, she is my dear, my darling one, my smiling and beguiling one. I love the ground she walks upon
    - My Pretty Irish Girl" [​IMG]

3. JohnRyan

JohnRyan Stunt Coordinator

I'd snatch it up in 5 seconds!

4. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

Aaron Thomas - funny you should quote the lyrics from the song My Pretty Irish Girl - the song ws demoed with this title, it's credited in the opening credits with this title - yet they NEVER sing it this way in the film - they always sing My DARLIN Irich Girl!!

5. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

Heh - yeah, I'd love to get it on DVD too ( even if it does look a little silly from an Irish perspective ).
    It's been a very long time since I saw it last, must be almost 15 years. Still lingers in the mind though - always a good sign

6. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Do this one right (OAR) and I'll buy it in a second. I'd also like to see Follow Me Boys on DVD.