DVD release of the Nannie pulled completely?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Casey Trowbridg, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

TVShowsOnDVD.com has the scoop

I'm not a big fan of this show but it is growing on me. I wonder what that road block could be? Hopefully for big fans of the show, a way to get some feedback to Sony can be found.

2. John McM

John McM Second Unit

is there some sort of issue keeping Sony from releasing it? I seriously doubt it is lack of interest because many times, it gets higher ratings on Lifetime than The Golden Girls does

3. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    It's really sad because my sister was just talking about how much she wished it was coming on DVD. I told her I thought it most likely would be released around the same time as the debut of Fran Drescher's new WB sitcom...it is rather odd that they have just pulled it completely.

BTW, on Gord's site "The Nanny" is currently the 11th most requested unreleased show....so it's definitely not for a lack of interest.

4. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Perhaps they are still making way too much in syndication?

5. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Perhaps they used a lot of music they have to pay for again?

6. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

The only Nanny I care about is Nanny and the Professor. Now that would be a great release. Hmmm, Juliet Mills or Fran Drescher? Beautiful blonde with a classy British accent or ordinary brunette with a whiny, annoying accent? Tough choice but gotta go with the gorgeous blonde.

7. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

MarkTo,

Juliet Mills is married to the guy who played in Grease 2 and Dynasty.
    She married a much younger man.

8. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    MarkTo, I'm with you on your choice of Nannies... [​IMG]

9. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Choice, choices... we always need both.

This is sad news for my wife. I had told her that The Nanny was about to be released on DVD. Would have bought all seasons, BTW (although I personally don't think the quality of the very last one was even equal to the first seasons - at least the part I saw of it). My wife wanted them all, though.

Now, if they bring out The Frisco Kid soon, she may feel compensated a little...

Cees

10. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Mark To, I guess since I was born in New York, and since I know gobs of people who sound like Fran Drescher, it just kind of rolls off me...she's not annoying to me at all.

However, Juliet Mills IS a great choice, and I'm sure you've picked up the Avanti! DVD. I busted my rear to find that one on release date!

Cees: I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one waiting faithfully for The Frisco Kid. We're going to have to pester Warner for that title in the next chat, eh? Considering the Harrison Ford tie-in, they ought to have released it when The Star Wars Trilogy hit DVD. Or, considering Gene Wilder's in it, it would have made a great companion release for the Blazing Saddles special edition. Ah, missed opportunities!

11. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Silver Streak is on it's way, so I guess The Frisco Kid is bound to be next! [​IMG]

We have never been put off by Fran's voice either. First we even thought is was part of her character and that she would have a different voice herself. [​IMG]

True!

Cees

12. John McM

John McM Second Unit

hasn't stopped Seinfeld and Friends from coming out on DVD, and I bet they both make more in syndication than Nanny does

13. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

14. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Thanks, Linda, I appreciate your support.

15. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Linda, you beat me to the "bionic" punch (yeah, no shame...my 2 cents for one of my "fanatic" series wants on DVD :b ) on the [​IMG] for TSoD. I also read that "Nanny" post of Dave's and, although I'm not waiting for this particular series on DVD, I stongly "ditto" Linda's post. There's just no reason for our TV/DVD "mecca" guru's (Gord & Dave) to receive impolite e-mails regarding posts of TV series. Hey, I'm talking to myself here too (about a few series that I'd love to see released [​IMG] ). It's easy to get emotional about our favorite series and we all have to play the "waiting" game from time to time. I'd rather read the latest updates on TSoD than anywhere else on the 'net [​IMG]

Thanks for the great site, Gord, Dave L. Keep it up; we're reading daily [​IMG]

16. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

17. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I hope they do a good job; there seems to have been a fair amount of pre-existing music used on this show. Sony is mixed in this area; they shelled out to re-license the Doobie Brothers songs from an episode of "What's Happening" but wouldn't even pay for the THEMES for "Dawson's Creek" and "Married with Children." I hope for this one, the word "Complete" truly means "Complete."

18. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Woooo....you should have seen some of them too! My email program gave them 3 peppers (the worst you can get).

Gord