DVD release date for Ying xiong "Hero" with Jet Li & Zhang Ziyi ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon Allen, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Brandon Allen

anyone know of an actual DVD release date for film? I'm a huge fan of Zhang Ziyi...and would like to add this to my collection...

2. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

I just saw this in the theaters last week, and its a great cinematic experience! It might not be a very good "wuxia" film, but the scenes and fights were magnificent.

3. Doug D

Doug D Stunt Coordinator

It's going to hit US theaters some time in 2003 - currently scheduled for November 2003, although I can imagine them moving it up if it gets the Best Foreign Film nomination.

So don't expect it in US DVD til after then, although I'm sure various imports will become available sooner rather than later.

4. kevin_asai

kevin_asai Stunt Coordinator

I heard the rumour that the legal HK or China DVD are coming out on February 2003. Well, Ying Xiong is a near perfect movie. Loved every things in it.

5. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

The DVD will be out very soon. Miramax will forbid domestic retailers to carry it but you can check DDDHOUSE.com because I am sure they will have it. Sometimes domestic retailers can carry a title like this for a week before Disney's lawyers knock on their door.

Matt

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Definately buy the legit HK issue, Disney will at the very least horribly dub it, if not cut it to ribbons

7. Phu Vo

Phu Vo Stunt Coordinator

There is a counter on this website:

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/

Less than 20 days and counting so far until the official R3 DVD is releasesed. By the way, that site has the most comprehensive information about Hero that you can find anywhere. I am definitely going to import this sucker. If it was as good as the R3 version of CTHD or Musa, then there really will be no worries.

The official domestic theatrical run for the movie is in November 2003. This is most likely to be changed, but with Miramax owning the rights, this movie is likely to be chopped long before any US audiences sees it. So importing the R3 DVD would our best bet. Poker Industries, HKflix and the other usual places should have it.

I really can't wait for this one.