What's new

dvd recorders - stand alone (1 Viewer)

ben hunt

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a stand alone dvd recorder. All I initially want to do with it is take my vast amount of boxing videos, which takes up a lot of space, and transfer them to dvd and be able to record all my future boxing recordings from direct tv to the dvd recorder.

I'd prefer some flexibility with formats recorded and a reasonable price. I'm not interested in dvd to dvd recording, just from tv and vhs.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I purchased the Panasonic E30 and Samsung DVD R3000 DVD-R / RAM player recorders. They are very similar recording wise with the Panasonic being the better buy because it offers progressive scan. DVD-R is the best write-once format because they play on all newer DVD players.

www.ecost.com sells the E30 for $518.99 plus shipping. www.shop4tech.com sells "Prime Disc" blank DVD-R's for $1.00 each. Don't worry about the format war and if -RW or +RW were to become the standard for re-writable DVD. DVD-R's finalized to DVD Video is the most compatible format when it comes to playing on DVD players.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks