What's new

DVD recorders - Opinions about compatibility with stand alone DVD players (1 Viewer)

TomK

Stunt Coordinator
I guess the title says it all. I think that now that prices are coming down, more of us want to get a recorder, so what's the most compatible? I'm thinking about the Pioneer DVR-A04 right now.

Thanks!

I wanted to add what is the best software packaging for capturing from DV, editing and burning to DVD. DV is the main purpose.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The best PC package is Sonic Scenarist. I hope you have a biiiiig wallet :) Otherwise they have smaller packages for the home user. http://www.sonicsolutions.com
As far as DVD-R discs working, it really depends on your player. Any deck made in the last 2 years should be fine, with it getting spottier as you go back.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I wanted to add what is the best software packaging for capturing from DV, editing and burning to DVD. DV is the main purpose.
I use Ulead's Media Studio Pro for capturing, editing, and rendering to the final DVD-compliant MPEG-2 file. I find it to be a very good package. It has its quirks, but when you learn to work around them (which isn't that difficult), it's quite a solid piece of software. A lot of third-party audio and video products, like Sonic Foundry, also automatically plug filters into MSP.
For DVD writing, I currently use Sonic's DVDit Professional Edition; however, I am looking forward to trying Ulead's DVD Workshop which has a huge number of features that DVDit PE doesn't have and at about 1/3 the price of DVDit PE. Media Studio Pro can write directly to the DVD, from what I understand, but I haven't tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks