What's new

DVD Recorder with IEEE 1394 input (1 Viewer)

wally

Second Unit
I’m in the market for a new DVD recorder. I’ve seen several models with a 1394 input. Having a digital camcorder with Firewire, I’d like to explore how this works (any editing possible) and if anyone had experience with this feature.

Ideal would be below $400

Any suggestions?

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Wally,

I'm in the market too and 1394 is a priority for me. We don't have a ton of options, but you need to decide if you want a hard drive which, from what I've read, makes editing much easier.

I think I'm going the non-hard drive route with this new player from Pioneer:DVR-320-S

videohelp.com has been a great resource for me. Just click on "DVD Recorders," type in the brand and you should be able to find some helpful commments on just about any recorder.

Peace,

DM

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
ILO at walymart with a 80gig Hard Drive. I have it and am very happy with it! I have not used the Digital input as of yet, it's a 4 pin input and I do not have a 4 pin to 4 pin cable yet!

Wes

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
CC and BB have a Cyberhome for $99 after $20 rebate that has a 1394 input. I bought one yesterday and it works great. records on +R.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Wally,

What did you decide? I'm so confused now that I've done all the research and haven't bought anything. :angry:

Peace,

DM

wally

Second Unit
I hear you Dave. I’m putting together an entire new system to go into the basement we are finishing. I’ve dropped many thousands of dollars over the last few weeks into TV, Receiver, Speakers, and it seems like I’m spooked to indecision over a couple hundred dollar DVD player/recorder and the stupid antennae for OTA hi-def reception.:angry: I guess it makes sense since they might be the most specific components as far as requirements/features that I’m buying.

Anyway, I haven’t decided on the recorder yet. I did check out videohelp.com and like the Pioneer model you listed too. I’m going to have to pull the trigger soon since the drywall is going up and I’ll be unboxing everything in my new movie utopia. I’ll keep posting here if you’d like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks