What's new

DVD Recorder / Satellite Questions (1 Viewer)

Lee J B

Auditioning
Hi all,

I'm very much a novice when it comes to DVD Recorders, and so I have a couple questions to ask:

1) What exactly is S-Video? My TV has a SCART connection - does this mean it has S-Video, or is this something totally different?

2) Once you have connected Satellite through your DVD recorder, are you able to program the timed recordings of TV programs on multiple satellite channels? By this I mean would the DVD Recorder be able to change station automatically? The DVD Recorder I'm looking into purchasing has VIDEO-PLUS, so would this imply that timed recordings on multiple satellite channels is possible?

Thank you for your help!

Lee

SimiA

Second Unit
S-video is a video connection that contains 2 signals for viewing an SD signal.
Are you in Europe?? The reason I ask, Scart is a Europren format.
For SD recording you should be fine to record. I'm not sure about your model and it's ability to time shift, but with the new 5c copy protection, I think your out of luck with any HD material.
Vb

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Lee - when you buy, take a careful note of *all* the inputs in your TV and make sure that you can get a compatible lead to connect up. You should be able to, but ask the shop's advice.

As far as I'm aware, Videoplus doesn't work on the multiple satellite channels, but I'm happy to be corrected. Likewise, I don't *think* that you'll be able to swap satellite channels in the manner you hope. However, this is something to ask at the shop (and if it's one of our chain stores, then good luck!).

Assuming you are in the UK, have you thought of upgrading to Sky Plus? That way you get a hard disc recorder that can be programmed to record all the satellite channels up to a week in advance (and will do a lot of series as well). Then 'all' you do is copy across to the DVD recorder (unless it's a Sky Box Office, which is copyright protected, I believe). It's in real time, alas, but that's not different from recording live from the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks