What's new

DVD Recorder owners, are you loving your machines or...? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Are you able to use plain jane office depot/Verbatim/sony DVD-R's or are you only able to use Panasonics? How about DVD-RAM discs from places like Office Depot?
I have successfully used TDK, Verbatim and BeAll blank DVD-R media with my E80. Those are the only brands I have tried so far.

I have not tried any DVD-RAM discs. Between using the hard drive for temporary storage and editing, and the higher cost of DVD-RAM media vs. DVD-R, I have not found the need to use DVD-RAMs at all. I do have a rebate form for a free DVD-RAM media offer via Panasonic, but I have not gotten around to sending in the form yet.

KevinFord

Stunt Coordinator
I've used Memorex and TDK without a single failure, I've only done about 40 CD-R's to date but every one has worked. I buy them at Best Buy and have gotten $20 rebates on 25 packs, so .... so far the most I've paid for DVD-R is $30 for a 25 pack. I think once you apply the instant rebate, $1.20/disc is pretty good, so I haven't looked for cheap-o discs yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks