What's new

DVD recommendations (1 Viewer)

steve_mr

Grip
Anyone have a recommendation for a DVD player up to the $1200 range that has

Progressive Scan
SACD
DVD-Audio

I will be using this for a new HT so the primary importance of the machine is quality of video image.

Appreciate all feedback.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
I might very well come under fire for typing this, but maybe consider the Pioneer Elite DV-45A. It plays just about everything under the sun, and can be had for around 4 bills from an authorized dealer anymore. Yes, it didn't exactly get top honors in the Secrests shootout, but myself, along with several others, have not really noticed any "chroma bug" in the 45A. Yes, it may have some bass management issues for DVD-A and/or SACD, but really which player doesn't? I've heard people have had great results with the DV45A and Outlaw Audio ICBM ($250 at www.outlawaudio.com). You'd be at a combined total of $650, saving yourself $550, which could go towards some other goodies. I seriously have been very happy with the picture quality of my DV45A. I'm no super technical calibrater or anything special like that, I'm just a regular joe that likes to watch movies, and knows good pic quality when he sees it. Ever since the Secrets of Home Audio DVD shootout became widespread and well-known, people are taking what they say as Bible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks