What's new

DVD Rack (1 Viewer)

Nick L

Second Unit
I am looking for a dvd rack for my home. I can't seem to find one I really like, so who better to ask than other enthusiasts. I kind of like the Boltz racks but they are just too expensive for me. I would like something made out of metal and being silver is a big plus! I kind of like this but its not exactly what I'm looking for. Just looking for some other ideas, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick L

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Check out your local wholesale club. My local BJ's frequently has the midsized Atlantic rack ($74.95 in Nick's post) for $49.95. I have three of them, and I'm waiting for them to re-stock...

These are very well built... sag free... nice rack... (hmm... I think I'm going somewhere I don't mean to go...) ;)

-Scott

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Scott: I like and use those racks too (ehm, the Atlantic ones that is!) :).

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Best Buy has a FELLOWES one for $50 that holds around 280. I have had great luck with it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I have the Fellowes rack, it holds approx 240 (assuming single keepcase size) 6 racks approx 40 per rack

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
How does the Fellowes handle on a rug? My carpeting isn't too thick, but I still like something with a good base for sturdiness.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I have mine leaned up against a wall, but it's very stable, especially fully loaded.

I'm down to 3/4 of a rack, gotta get another one this summer since I filled up my wall shelves again with animated filmes and TV boxes :)

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Jeff, when filled up, does the Fellowes sway side to side at all? I would like to pick one up 'cause my current rack looks like the leaning tower of pisa...not good!

Charles C.A

Auditioning
Deep Discount DVD actually has some atlantic racks on sale now. I also recommend Boltz, they're well worth the money. I am actually selling my Boltz MM-160 for about $80 in mint condition now that i've upgraded to the 252, So if you're in the NYC area and are willing to pick it up, then you can have my MM-160 for about half of the retail price.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Hey Jeff, when filled up, does the Fellowes sway side to side at all? I would like to pick one up 'cause my current rack looks like the leaning tower of pisa...not good
Once you put on the wire supports in the back it's perfectly stable

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I use the Boltz MM126 - it sways, lol.

I use the CD600 with CD300 expansion - it's great.

I also have the TV stand (whatever model) with speaker stands.

yes, VERY expensive, but worth it.

but they often have sales as well.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
If you have some spare closet space, you might want to consider just building shelves inside of it. I kept running out of storage room, but now I'm all set. I figure if I run out of room in here, I've got to move :)

Pictures are here.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I ordered the fellowes one from best buy. Free shipping works out great. I won't have to try and cram it in my small car. I should have it monday, I'll post when I get it setup and filled.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I got the fellowes one today. First thing is that its kinda wobbly on carpet. It doesn't sway side to side, but kinda wobbles front to back. I don't have kids or pets so I'm not to concerned about someone pulling it down on top of them. It does not hold 280, not even close to it. I have 207 dvds and about 20 or so of them are still waiting for another set of shelves. If all your going to put is dvd's in it you'll only use 4 of the shelves (thats all that'll fit on the posts). I need to think of someway to use the remaining ones. I'm probably gonna pick up another one just so I can have matching pairs and to store the rest of my dvd's on with some room to grow.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Check Wal-Mart for that Fellowes rack. I got mine there for only $20.00 awhile back. I dont know if they still carry them but its worth checking out. I hope they do Cause Im about ready for another one! :D

Luis S

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVD1968
Recent bookmarks