What's new

dvd-r player compatability? (1 Viewer)

JonathanSimpson

Stunt Coordinator
hi guys i was hoping someone would be able to help me out. a friend of mine has a copy of a unavailable dvd that he has on dvd-r format, i have scanned my main player toshiba 9000 manual and it makes no mention of being able to read dvd-r i also have a htpc multi zoned. will it play on my dvd rom drive pioneer ao5sz 16x? or will i have to download a software player as i use the realmagic hollywood plus decoder card. any advice would be most welcome.

jonathan

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Why not just say

"My friend has a copy of a bootlegged movie on DVD-R and I want to watch it"

Only way to find out if it works is to put it in the player. The DVD-ROM should work

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Jeff, *if* Jon is talking about a bootleg DVD, why would he want to implicate himself in an illegal activity, let alone leave evidence of it on a public forum? I wouldn't.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I also have DVD-Rs of movies that are unavailable on DVD, but I'm no criminal. I transferred the movies to DVD-R from my own laserdiscs.

But anyway, I don't have an answer to the original question. There's a good compatibility list at vcdhelp.com but I checked and the Toshiba 9000 has no reports of DVD-R compatibility (or incompatibility).

JonathanSimpson

Stunt Coordinator
just thought that i would update, the disc arrived today and played on the dvd rom with not one problem 'hearts of darkness' was the disc
jeff by the way no need for an apology, your reply was not taken in a negative light by myself but apology accepted anyway.

jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks