Dvd-r Mp3?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Drew_W, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Pretty much every DVD player on the market now does MP3 playback (presumably from CDs), but has anyone tried to use MP3s burnt on a DVD+/-R disc?

2. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

It's a great idea but very few support that feature.

3. Jeff Drumm

Jeff Drumm Extra

The Pioneer DV-563A has been reported to be able to do this. I bought one last weekend, but haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.

--
    - Jeff

4. Gene S

Gene S Agent

Hmm, thats something I will have to try one of these days. Haven't yet because a cd holds about 6-7 albums of songs and my dvd player only reads -R burned dvds. If it could read +/-RW I would try in an instant.

5. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Jeff, is there any way you could try this for me?

Does the Denon DVD-1600 do it? I'm trying to bargain hunt and steal one of the last units of these available.

6. Jeff Drumm

Jeff Drumm Extra

I'll burn my MP3 library onto a DVD-R tomorrow evening (can't today because I'm away on business) and post my results.

--
    - Jeff

7. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

I bought a Cyberhome DVD player for the bedroom because of its price ($35 closeout) and I was surprised that it did play DVDR's filled with JPEG's and MP3's without any problem whatsoever.

8. Jeff Drumm

Jeff Drumm Extra

I can confirm that the Pioneer DV563A does in fact play MP3 files from a DVD-R. I burned approximately 3.5GB of MP3 files onto a 1X DVD-R this afternoon (Teac DV-W50D drive, Nero v6, ISO, single session, relaxed everything) and put it in the player just a few minutes ago. The display shortly showed "MP3", and when I hit Play, it started playing. I had the digital (optical) output selected, so the analog outputs aren't necessary for MP3 (why would they be? [​IMG])

The on-screen navigation menu shows the full directory and file names, and allows me to move throughout the hierarchy with ease. I was happy before, but this is great!

--
    - Jeff