What's new

DVD+R/DVD-R sale at Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Best Buy currently has a sale running on a 50 pack of Memorex DVD+R/DVD-R's (your choice) for $59.99. When I went into the store they had plenty of DVD-R's left, but no DVD+R's (I have a +R drive so I cannot use -R's). You cannot take advantage of this offer online, and given my luck, I am not confident that I will be able to find any left in the store later on in the week. Does anyone know of any online stores that sell DVD+R's at a similar price? From what I've seen in most stores, the lowest price availabe is typically around $2.00 per disc. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Brian R

Stunt Coordinator
At Office Depot this week if you buy a 50 pack of Imation DVD+R for $89.67 you get a 25 pack free. Comes out to $1.20 per disc, same price as Best Buy per disc.

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
What's a good brand to get for DVD-R?

I've used Fuji and Sony's with no problems for CD-R's, but generic brands sometimes gave me playback trouble. Does the same apply for DVD-R - stay away from the generics?

Rob

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Robert,

Go to www.dvdrhelp.com

They have great info on making back-ups of your dvd's and have great people there and they actually have users reviews of brands of discs that work best with their drive or standalone dvd recorder.

Hope this helps
Ed

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
While name brand discs are best, you may find that your particular recorder does best with some particular brands.

For example my NEC 1300A came with a sheet which listed which brands had been tested and found to work best with it; I've stuck with those brands and have had zero problems.

I want to mention another great forum in addition to the one Ed gave: www.cdfreaks.com which is more about DVD+-R than CDs now, and has excellent technically knowledgeable posting to it regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks