DVD profiler, Van Helsing and Star Wars

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Charles J P, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    What do they all have in common? They're not playing together as well as I'd like. I'm not sure how many of you know, but the current version of DVD profiler allows you to scan in box sets (if the box has a UPC) as well as the DVDs that go with it (again, if they have individual UPCs) and attach the movies to the box set. This has worked really well for me for the Stanley Kubrick Collection, Indian Jones, etc. However, I bought the Star Wars Trilogy and noticed that there are no UPCs for each disk. So what I'm wondering is, each disk has a disk ID that you can get by inserting the disk into your DVD rom, however I still cant add them because they arent in the database.

Additionally, I just bought the Van Helsing Ulitmate Collector's Edition and I'd like to add the three classic movies on it to my profiler as well. However, this comes with the ADDITIONAL problem that all three movies share the same disk ID as they are all on the same DVD. Any ideas?

2. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Don't know about Van Helsing. I have added the individual Star Wars movies by disk ID a couple of weeks ago, so they may appear in the database sometime soon.

3. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

The new beta (Build 793) of DVD Profiler does boxsets in a different way that may be able to address your issue, at least once the individual Star Wars films make their way into the database. IVS seems to be having some reluctance to do that, though they did it with the Back to the Future films.

4. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    Yeah, you'll need to be patient and wait for the individual movies to show up in the database. Since they have already been contributed, they'll be added eventually, so no need to repeat the work. Just be patient.

5. Michael Bailey

Michael Bailey Stunt Coordinator

It seems to me that the DVD profiler database is being updated much less frequently than it used to be. Has anyone else noticed this or even know why?

6. Michael Bailey

It seems to me that the DVD profiler database is being updated much less frequently than it used to be. Has anyone else noticed this or even know why?

7. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Michael,
    They have been working an the next version, which will slow down the updates. They are currently into the 3rd beta of the new version.

8. Michael Bailey