What's new

DVD Profiler question (1 Viewer)

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if the dvd list is updated automatically on a regular basis, is it by computer or by a person.

Every time since the 13th of this month, when I click on Add DVD to my wishlist from the toolbar it starts to connect to their website, then it checks the Profile list and other lists and instead of updating it just displays skipped. About the only think it updates is the price from DVD Planet.

Since the 13th I have contributed several titles to the list, but when I connect to the website and try to download the update it always skips it.

And Spider-Man isn't even on the huge list yet, because it I haven't been able to get an updated list from their site.

So is their list updated by computer or a person and is it done on a regular basis?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think it's more like a team of people. I know that all contributed profiles are checked for accuracy, to make sure someone doesn't contribute a profile of profane and vulgar rambling which has little or nothing to do with the film at hand.

Brian E

Screenwriter
I don't know how they maintain it, but I do know I was able to download an updated list about 30 seconds ago. As for Spiderman not being on the list it was only officially announced on 7/15 so just give them a little time.

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
Another question.

Is there any way to check on the exact date of the last update of the Online Profile List? Either from the program or their website?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I was wondering the same thing too because I regularly check for Spiderman, Spirit, Clones, Stargate UE and none of them are there, yet Ice Age is there already.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Interesting questions. I just downloaded DVD profiler two days ago (don't ask me why the heck I waited so long :b) so I am not real familiar with the service yet. But from what I have seen so far, I really love this software! As it turns out, Bruce Willis is in more of my DVD's than any other actor! :eek:

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
Regarding when a DVD is added to the Profiler database.

You need to have in mind that it is not enough that the DVD has been announced. It must have a UPC. Once its UPC is published somewhere, someone has to contribute the title.

Most contributors probably get their info from one of the major online dvd retailers. And I haven't seen Spider-Man listed on any of them yet.

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
THe Spider-Man WS UPC # can be seen at the following locations.
The DVD IGN Site and Link Removed
To see a pic of the back of the WS DVD click on the link below, scroll down to bottom and click on the bottom DVD Pic to see larger shot of the back with the UPC#
Link Removed
To confirm the UPC#, here is a link to the Press Release.
Link Removed
The UPC # is under the section of the Press Release called Technical Information.

Matthew_S

Second Unit
I just refreshed my profiler and some nice new additions were made over the weekend. The upcoming Unforgiven, True Romance, and Cuckoo's nest are now listed which I had been waiting for patiently...I only use profiler at work (i have macs at home) and i noticed that these new titles were not listed under my wishlist online after i uploaded...Is this normal?

Users who are viewing this thread