What's new

DVD Profiler question (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
My frustration has already been discussed a while back... you update profiler and somebody has changed say an X-Files title, and suddenly instead of appearing all together, and in the correct order, the 5th series is titled differently to all the others, because somebody hasn't taken the time to look at the format of the other 8 editions :angry:
I've run a search and can't find the answer. I know it involves locking your collection, but looking at the help text last night I could only see this as a disc at a time possibility?? Can someone tell me how to lock the whole collection - is this possible??

Many thanks,

As a PS, I notice the beta version stops anon contributions in an attempt to step up quality :)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
You can lock the title once you have it the way you want it. Right-click it and select Lock, and then select if you want to lock the whole listing, just the Title, etc. Also, you can right-click and select Edit, and then get the sort titles the way you want them before locking. This is how I keep mine in order.

I don't think you can lock the whole collection, but I may be wrong.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

This is what I would do also, and is how I keep mine in order.

I also don't think you can lock the whole collection just title by title, but in the case of all your TV titles with multiple seasons and movies with sequels and such you could just lock those and leave the others unlocked, although I usually lock every title once its in there the way I like it. As I add something, I lock it.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
If you can hold out a while longer, you'll be able to do this in version 2.3 that's currently in beta testing. Plus there's some other great features being added.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
You don't need to lock anything. Just go to the tools menu, select option, then, go to the default tab and check the private sort titles box. Now changes to the master DB won't affect your sort order.

BTW< the DVD Profiler forums are usually the best place to get help with that product.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
That will help keep the sorting right, but I think the original post was also upset about the titles themselves changing, and for that you need the locks. But the private sort option is good to keep your titles in order when you don't want to lock them.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
2.3 adds the ability to lock things in batches. It's in beta now. Could be a month or two before it goes final. Any premium subscriber can be a beta-tester.

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everyone for that - I know I could have asked over at their forum... but I just knew the answer would be here quicker :)

I've done as a couple of you suggested, and locked all my TV and multiple sets like Star Trek, which some people have a strange compulsion to change totally at random :angry:

Took no time at all that way, and the rest can be updated if required and won't change anything I don't want 'adjusted'

Many thanks, as usual HTF users.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Here is another question. Anyone have a link to a simple report that will give me the title and MSRP with MSRP totals at the end? The dvdprofiler site is very frustrating to look for reports as they just repeat the same downloads many times and you can only have like 5 results on the page.

Thanks!!

--Ian

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Ian, go to the Reports section on the site and do a search on MSRP in the search box. Only one report comes up. It has what you want, and it also has price paid and paid totals, as well as the paid/MSRP percentage.

It's called the DVD Discount Report.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks