What's new

DVD Profiler Question (1 Viewer)

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I apologize in advance if this belongs in the software section, but I have a question regarding the DVD organizing program, DVD Profiler. When I see my total number of discs owned, this does not reflect any box sets, or double disc sets etc. Is it possible to modify it so a two disc set will count as "2" for the purpose of numbering my collection. Also, I would like Sopranos Season One to count for "6" (for the same reason). I have played with the program and can't seem to find out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have a few multi volume sets like the Monty Python Box and the Prisoner; I keep them in my 300 DVD Mega changer so I like each Disc to show up so I can find them easy. Since each disc is available seperately, I added them in that way.
For second discs in boxes that aren't listed (BTW some are like the Citizen Kane 2nd disc) I:
Go to the 'enter DVD by Titles' pages
Uncheck the Box that says 'download profile'
Then you can enter the Name like 'Fight Club Disc 2'
It's not fancy but it works
Good Luck
Grant

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i sorta did something similar.

i have a few boxsets which are basically multipe dvds (each in their own individual case) in one big box.

each dvd had its own upc code and showed up in dvdprofiler as: volume one, volume two, etc.

so for my cowboy bebop set, i have them each indivudally listed. plus, the box itself had a upc code so i was able to enter that too.

you can check out my sig link to see what the heck i'm babbling about.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Thanks Grant and Ted, I will use your suggestions. I was trying to get a more accurate count of how many DVDs I actually had so I could find a good storage solution for them. Currently I keep them in (4) 200 disc black CD albums. I would love to have a mega DVD changer, but most of them aren't progressive scan, so the output quality would not be as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks