What's new

DVD Profiler question regarding parental controls (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I sucessfully added a disc to my DVD Profiler that was not in their database, but ran into a problem: because the disc is unrated, it apparently falls into the 'adult' section, thereby placed under password protection within the parental controls. I don't remember ever setting any controls - or entering a password - when installing the Profiler. So...the program acknowledges that the DVD is in my collection, but I am unable to view it. The help section of DVD Profiler is no help at all, and I'm unable to re-enter the disc because the program says it's already in my collection. I cannot edit out the NR, because I can't access the entry. Help!!

Here's the irony: the disc I am unable to view is the children's show Davey & Goliath.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
Go to Parental Controls

1) Set MPAA RATING to ..... Adult

2) Check "Or has Adult genre"

3) Select "Allow Adult Titles"

This works for me.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the response, Tom.

I went to the DVDProfiler site and found that the default password for parental controls is 'acknowledgement'. Obviously I should have looked there first, but I'm posting it here in the event someone else might benefit.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks