DVD Profiler observation regarding deleting DVD's from program.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Douglas Kalon, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Douglas Kalon

Douglas Kalon Stunt Coordinator

I was recently deleting DVD's from my wishlist and noticed something.

The program does not automatically delete the corresponding images for the DVD you just deleted.

You can verify this by looking up the DVD Profiler on your computer. Mine is under Program Files, then Intervocative Software, then DVD Profiler. In the DVD Profiler folder open the Images folder.

You can either view these images through a photo program or through the DVD Profiler program by using the Image Change function for any DVD and previewing the image. Then once you found the DVD(s) you deleted, delete the corresponding image from the Image folder. You also should delete the same corresponding image from the Thumbnail folder in the same DVD Profiler Images folder.

You can get back some space on your computer this way.

Just be sure to delete the images for DVD's that are no longer in the program. I don't know what happens if you delete an image for a DVD that is still in the program.

Once you have deleted the images, you have to delete them from your computer by emptying your Recycle Bun folder.

Hope this tip helps some people out.

Why the program does not automatically delete the images from a deleted DVD I don't know.

2. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

The new Beta version DOES delete the images (it actually asks if you want to or not). So, this is a feature that will be added in the next release.

3. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

And BTW, the most annoying "feature" of DVDProfiler, is that when you delete a title (or modify it), after confirming the changes, it brings you back to the top of the list...
    A major annoyance in a otherwise EXCELLENT software.
    Vincent (a registred user)

4. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

Also, when you're adding DVD titles after you've picked one you go back to the top of the list. Annoying when you want to add a film and it's sequal for instance. Hope this is fixed in the new version.
    Still a great, great software. [​IMG]

5. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    Henrik,

Yes, it will be fixed. You can select multiple titles from the list with the spacebar in the next version.

Chris

6. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

I deleted all the back cover images, saving 50% of the space. Those who know DOS, can enter a wildcard delete command that only gets rid of the back cover images.

I use a nice custom skin that doesn't show the back covers. I find the text too small and redundant with the overview. I know some folks who like to see what the back covers look like, but I think it consumes HD space.

7. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

You can also delete all the images in the folder then refresh all

8. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

9. Neil White

Neil White Supporting Actor

Douglas, if you delete an image for a DVD that is still in your list, the display just shows a generic Intervocative logo for the front and back images.

N

10. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I had noticed the images still staying present but manually having to delete. Question. If you remove titles from your owned list and it leaves gaps in the number sequence, is there a way to change the number sequence to eliminate the gaos in the sequence?

11. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Yes click collection then reassign collection numbers. Another window will pop up and just do that.