What's new

DVD Profiler & Cucat problems (1 Viewer)

Dan M~

Second Unit
Just recently while using DVDProfiler and the Cucat, when scaning the barcode of new DVD's the barcode reader enters "333111333". Everytime, even for different DVD's. This happen to anyone else? Any clues as to what to do?
(Tried posting to the Profiler forums but it would not take for some reason... kept timing out.)
Thanks for any guidance,
Dan M.
------------------
-Dan M~
My Small Collection

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Are you running Catnip? Have you tried quitting catnip (and DVDProfiler) and tried scanning into something like NotePad?
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

RicP

Screenwriter
Dan,
you can't use the CueCat sofware. You have to find a driver called CatNip. That will allow you to use the CueCat as an all purpose Barcode scanner.
Uninstall the CueCat software. :)
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
And here's a link to Catnip . Make sure you create a profile for the UPC code and enter a filter that strips the first and the last digit.
[Edited last by Dmitry on September 27, 2001 at 05:53 PM]

Dan M~

Second Unit
Hi all,
Yes, I use Catnip and everything worked fine for months (scanning 70+ DVD barcodes without a problem). Just in the past week I have been unable to scan. If I hand type the code in, no problem. The PC has been off and restarted, catnip and Profiler both have been restarted and no luck. I have unplugged the Cucat and resarted the PC with out it, then closed down and reconnected the Cucat and started up again... no joy. I'm stumped. It's funny that it gives the same numbers nomatter what barcode I scan. I guess I will try reloading Catnip and see if that works, then Profiler as last resort. Any other ideas will be tried!!
-Dan M.
------------------
-Dan M~
My Small Collection

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
What OS are you running? Also, try to make sure Profiler & Catnip are the only two applications running when trying this. You never know with Windows
frown.gif

Dan M~

Second Unit
Well, I got it to work by reinstalling Catnip. Must have been corrupted somehow. Anyhow, looks like it's working now, scanned three new disks late last night.
BTW, the system is a PIII-800, 192 Megs Ram (100Hz), running Win 98 R2. I've been able to have many things running while using Profiler/Catnip in the past and seems to be running flawless again.
Thanks for help everyone. DVD Profiler is a neat program and the Cucat/Catnip combo makes it easy to use.
-Dan M.
------------------
-Dan M~
My Small Collection

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Dan,
Glad you got it working. That's why I was asking what it did when you scanned something into Notepad without DVD Profiler or CatNip running. (I have a perl script that decodes the raw output from the cuecat, so we could have determined if it output the correct UPC.) That is, trying to determine if the cuecat was toast or if catnip was hosed. The next thing I would have had you do is to scan something into Notepad with CatNip running. It's important to understand that you can use your cuecat with any application. It's just an input device like your keyboard. It's not just a DVD Profiler tool only.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks