What's new

DVD Profiler - a question about security (1 Viewer)

GaryEA

Second Unit
Hi all,

I understand that there has been numerous threads regarding DVD Profiler, but after searching and reading some of them, I thought it best to offer a fresh thread. I apologize for any inconvenience.

My question; I've installed DVD Profiler and I'm ready to start entering UPC's and all, but I'm concerned about my computer's safety.

When you set up Profiler, does your computer, or at least the directory where your database is kept, become accessible to others, or that database copied onto the Profiler web site? I've seen many people who offer links to their database through links in their sig.

Basically, my weariness stems from a number of viruses that I've almost been crippled with and the notion of offering my computer to the outside world.

If anyone can dispel my worries, please do. I'd like to use this program.

Thanks,
Gary

Michael Bailey

Stunt Coordinator
I dont think there is any danger to your machine whatsoever. The downloadable database is kept at the intervocative website. That is why you must upload and changes to your collection if you want them to appear in your sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks