What's new

DVD Profiler 4.0.0 is out. (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have been putting off my iPhone 11's upgrade from iOS 14.8.1 to 15.3.1...entirely due to the issue that some people had reported with Profiler 4.0 not running correctly on iOS 15+.

I guess I'm wondering if this is still an issue.

And, even if it is, I guess I can move ahead since DVD Profiler remains available at the App Store, and can be re-loaded?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm still on iOS 15.1.1, but the latest is already upto 15.4 just now -- seems like Apple's releasing updates very/too often due to significant bugs/issues... and I've been loathe to take any of them before I feel they're stable and issues-free enough...

I'm hoping whichever update I finally take (again) might somehow fix the issue I'm having w/ DVD Profiler's barcode scanner not working on my iPhone 13 Pro (for the most part), but think I'll probably just wait some more for 15.4.1 or maybe 15.4.2 at this point -- I was about to try 15.3.1, but apparently just missed the cutoff for that. Otherwise, I don't really care for most any new features they've added since 15.1.1... and I'm not out and about nearly enough (or do any risky things w/ the phone) to worry about security risks w/ the various security issues more recent versions supposedly fix...

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My i-devices are all up to date and i never have an issue with Profiler

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
My i-devices are all up to date and i never have an issue with Profiler

Do you have an iPhone 13 Pro or Pro Max?

I didn't have a problem w/ older phones using the barcode scanner. Just w/ my iPhone 13 Pro... and the barcode scanner in My Movies Pro 3 worked fine for me...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm still on iOS 15.1.1, but the latest is already upto 15.4 just now -- seems like Apple's releasing updates very/too often due to significant bugs/issues... and I've been loathe to take any of them before I feel they're stable and issues-free enough...

I'm hoping whichever update I finally take (again) might somehow fix the issue I'm having w/ DVD Profiler's barcode scanner not working on my iPhone 13 Pro (for the most part), but think I'll probably just wait some more for 15.4.1 or maybe 15.4.2 at this point -- I was about to try 15.3.1, but apparently just missed the cutoff for that. Otherwise, I don't really care for most any new features they've added since 15.1.1... and I'm not out and about nearly enough (or do any risky things w/ the phone) to worry about security risks w/ the various security issues more recent versions supposedly fix...

_Man_

FWIW, I updated to iOS 15.4.1 a while ago, but that didn't help my problem w/ the DVD Profiler app's barcode scanner at all -- it also didn't cause any new problems either...

Oh well...

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
iPhone 12 promax
My profiler updated 4 years ago and that’s been it.

E50AE733-58E1-40BC-B495-56655A360C17.jpeg

richbarrac1

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
My barcode scanner hasn’t worked for the longest time now. Using 13 pro max currently but same with 12 pro max and the phone before. Should say almost never works but I can’t depend on it.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
My barcode scanner hasn’t worked for the longest time now. Using 13 pro max currently but same with 12 pro max and the phone before. Should say almost never works but I can’t depend on it.

Then it's not just me... and so far, seems that nobody on HTF has confirmed it actually works for them on a recent model iPhone that has 3 cameras/lenses -- I'm suspecting the app's barcode scanner may be having trouble w/ the 3-camera/lens config that never existed before until the iPhone 11 Pro Max, which came well after the last version of this app.

My previous iPhone 11 (non-pro) worked just fine w/ the app's barcode scanner as does my very old, beat-up iPhone 7 that I still have -- I've been using the latter to scan UPCs into the app on occasion when I get around to it...

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have iPhone 12 with three lenses.
It works fine for me.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
The DVDP barcode scanning works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.
---------------

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
iOS 15.4.1 on my iPhone 13 Pro Max works, mostly. I find that on some titles with smaller barcodes, Criterion for example, the app won't focus the camera closer than a certain distance to the case and therefore can't read the code. For most titles, it works just fine.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I have iPhone 12 with three lenses.
It works fine for me.

So the app's barcode scanner works w/out any issues for you? I wanted to confirm that specifically... as various people would say the app works fine in the past, but then, later say they never use the scanner function.

Thanks for helping.

iOS 15.4.1 on my iPhone 13 Pro Max works, mostly. I find that on some titles with smaller barcodes, Criterion for example, the app won't focus the camera closer than a certain distance to the case and therefore can't read the code. For most titles, it works just fine.

Did you have all that much trouble w/ those cases?

I never really had significant trouble w/ any barcodes (of various sizes) before other than the rare case that simply didn't exist in their database (and it'd still read them fine and just tell me it couldn't find an existing entry). It still works very fast and trouble-free on my beat-up, old iPhone 7 as it did on the old 11 (that I no longer have).

It almost never works on my 13 Pro for me -- I've only gotten it to work several times from an extremely narrow range of distance as if trying to perfectly manual focus, handheld (by my movement, not the camera's focusing) for a macro shot, LOL.

Thanks for checking...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks