DVD Profiler 2.4.0 officially released

Discussion in 'DVD' started by StevenFC, Jun 22, 2005.

1. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

Aug 23, 2003

Anyway it's available now. I might check back with a short review if no one else does.
  2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Oct 9, 2001
    Steven: thanks for the post!

Just did a quick download. I'm a premium member. Everything downloaded and installed quickly and w/o problem. Updated my database info and it seemed to go a lot quicker than before. [​IMG] Had to search how to change the "sorting" data on a disc which was in the wrong "place" in my collection. Instead of adjusting it in the "edit" menu...you right-click on the title and select "personalize". That's all I've had time to do so far.

Thanks again. I hadn't downloaded the Beta version.
  3. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

Oct 1, 2003
  4. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

Sep 15, 1999
  5. Bingo

Bingo Stunt Coordinator

May 23, 2000

Version 2.4.0

New Features
    The contribution system has been entirely rewritten to integrate directly into the website.
    Shows all changed information by section
    Shows current online locks set by section
    Shows the last few contribution notes, with a link to the entire contribution note history
    Allows selection of specific sections to contribute. Any unselected sections are not contributed.
    Implemented integration with the upcoming DVD Profiler Pocket

Added ability (via right-click) to view contribution notes from the Refresh Updated Profiles list
    While entering a title or overview filter, you can now use ctrl-space to flag the current entry
    The current displayed information tab is kept when editing and saving a profile
    The latest added DVD is now selected after adding DVDs
    After editing or personalizing a DVD, the scroll point of the title listing is restored
    Added optional color coding of names (first, middle, last) in skins via the new COLORNAMES attribute.
    Added feature to set watched by from within Movie Pick, using the drop-down arrow in the upper right
    Sort titles are now always private. The option setting has been removed.
    Sort titles will now always upload to the My Profiler online collections display
    Editing of sort titles is now under DVD->Personalize
    Display of discs in the main profile display now show an indicator when the disc IDs are set, for side A and B
    OK button set as default button on Studio/Genre edit windows
    Added support for crew copy/paste via right-click menu
    Adjusted automatic layouts to give more space to credits
    Alias database download replaced with dynamic lookups
    Changed contribution credit section to a hyperlink to a page which shows the contribution history
    Purchase date of 12/30/1899 is now considered blank
    Under DVD->Change UPC, new option to use the current inserted Disc ID
    Added the following to writing credit type:
    Based on Characters Created By
    Based on Original Material By (existing 'Writer' credits will convert to this)
    Revamped sound section in crew
    Removed Contribution Guidelines from the help file. These will be replaced with the new Contribution Rules on the site. Also added two menu options (under Help and Online) to view the Contribution Rules
    For multiple matches in credit info screen, the roles for a particular DVD are now listed on a single entry rather than one entry per role
    Accepting an updated profile which alters cast or crew capitalization will now make the change to your cast/crew database
    Added disc label to discs section
    Moved DS/DL/Flipper flags into the disc section so they may now be tracked on a per-disc basis
    Added 'Use release date' button to purchase date entry in Personalize window
    Renamed Photo Gallery to Gallery
    Split locks for cast/crew. Existing credit locks will convert to a lock for cast and crew
    Now hides adult titles in refresh updated DVDs when parental control is hiding those titles
    Added display of matching DVD count to Movie Pick
    Added more maximum runtime options for Movie Pick
    Added new option (under Tools->Options->Display) to expand box sets by default
    Increased maximum studio name length from 25 to 35
    Increased maximum title desc length from 25 to 35
    Menu option to preview profile changes is no longer disabled when the profile appears to be up to date
    Renamed Credits to Crew, and Actors to Cast:
    Added section headers for Crew and Cast
    Changed tags in skins to match; old tags will still work
    XML tags for cast/crew were NOT changed (except for Credits lock tag)
    Moved Director of Photography above Cinematographer in crew role assignment
    Added support for "Last Watched" in skins (new elements LAST_WATCHED_BY, LAST_WATCHED_ON)
    Increased maximum title (and sort title) length from 55 to 65
    Added "Original Title" field (new skin element ORIGINAL_TITLE)
    Increased maximum number of subtitles from 10 to 32; enhanced subtitle edit functionality
    Added the following subtitle types: Trivia, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Greek, Farsi, Hebrew, Hungarian, Islandic, Polish, Slovakian, Tagalog, Thai, Tjeckish, Turkish, Xhosa, Zulu
    Added new option to color-code names in Cast and Crew sections
    Added new case type "Envelope"
    When the center cover image is too large to fit, it may be panned by dragging with the mouse
    The credits information window is now sorted by credit type
    Backups now optionally include unused tags
    Restore backup file now remembers the last file location between restores
    Enhanced credit info window to allow scrolling through cast/crew for current DVD
    New properties added to 'TITLE' skin element - 'SHOWTITLE', 'SHOWDESC' (Both default to YES)

Bug Fixes

Under Add DVDs->By Title, the title search now correctly matches with or without article (entering 'Matrix' will now locate 'The Matrix)
    The Movie Pick feature may now be translated
    Fixed an error which allowed letters to be pasted into the Change UPC dialog
    Fixed an error in skins which showd disc slot only when a disc location was entered
    Corrected access violation when removing a DVD which has box set contents that don't exist
    Corrected error which caused Easter Eggs to falsly show as changed in DVD Profiler's comparison
    Genre edit name filter now matches based on translated genre
    Genres now translate in Movie Pick
    Corrected an error which caused duplicate entries in the translation file
    Corrected an error which caused some profiles to remain in the Refresh Updated Profiles list after being updated
    Restoring from backup now reloads studios into the filters section
    Corrected an error which could cause disc location data to be copied into newly added profiles
    Filtering by title now correctly searches the Description field
    Timestamp for tag in XML changed to standard date/time format
    Corrected an error which could cause tag and/or disc information to be mixed when moving titles between Owned, Ordered, and Wish List
    Cast roles now display ampersands correctly
  6. David Nguyen

David Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

Oct 24, 2000
    A little off topic, but can anybody recommend a similar program for the Palm OS? (Palm Pilots)
  7. wally

wally Second Unit

Feb 12, 2001
    Sounds like Profiler might be working on just that. In the past I've exported out of Profiler as an Excel sheet and DL'd to Palm
  8. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to give it a try!
  9. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Jan 11, 2001
    Oooh, good news! I would love to get a PocketPC version of DVD Profiler. No more browsing through the discount bin at WalMart wondering if I have a particular title or not! [​IMG]
  10. RickER

RickER Producer

Jan 4, 2003
    Edit: I found out what was wrong with my Profiler. All is well in my OCD world now. [​IMG]