What's new

DVD Producers who use Macs? (1 Viewer)

Brad Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Everyone:

I'm working on an article for MacCentral (the online news arm of Macworld magazine) about DVD producers who use Macs. I'm in touch with Charlie de Lauzirika and Van Ling, but I'd like to talk to a few more producers too. Anyone happen to know of some names off-hand? Contact info would be great too, or at least names of DVDs they've worked, so that I can try contacting the studios. E-mail me if the info is sensitive.

[email protected]

Thanks.

- Brad

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
In Region 2, Dysfunction uses Macs for most, if not all, of their authoring work. That fact became widely known after a bug in the software they use botched the mastering for the Blake's 7 Series One set, forcing a repressing. You can find all the information you need at their website.

http://www.dysfunction-group.com/

Morgan Holly

Agent
We use Macs for menu work and video/audio editing. We use NT, 2K, and XP for compression and authoring with one exception: we do have an OS 9 controlled hardware encoder.

If you want more info on our setup you can reach me at [email protected]

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
At work, I use a PC for DVD authoring and encoding. Depending on what you're doing, Adobe's Encore DVD really is quite nice.

Leo Kerr

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks