What's new

DVD problem..ODD..Would like to understand (1 Viewer)

Richard_s

Second Unit
Here is the problem.

I purchased the Paul McCartney "get Back" DVD version and put it in my DVD player and get a "disk Error". Repeated tries no good. Then I put it into my computer's DVD player and it plays just fine. I tried numerous other DVD's in my HT DVD player and all work just fine.

Anyone have any idea how the DVD could work fine in my computer but not my HT DVD player?

Observation: The other odd thing is that the DVD is multilayer and the total time is only 89 minutes this seems odd to me. Anyone know why multilayer (gold) was used?

Thanks All

BTW: I plan to replace the DVD just wondering what the problem might be since I am guessing that the next one will not work either. Just a guess.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Whatkind of player do you have, Richard?

Sometimes, encoding issues make certain discs unreadable on certain players. Ran into the same problem last night. Disc wouldn't load in the bedroom player, but did just fine in the main system's player.

Richard_s

Second Unit
Jack:

Thanks for responding

My DVD player is the Toshiba SD-1200. I can play VideoCD's on this unit so it does not seem like the laser is weak or poor focused.

I was able to return the DVD to the Barnes and Nobles store near me.

Do you think this was just a bad DVD or something about the way they record it that will not play on my Toshiba?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks