What's new

DVD Preview with Leonard Maltin-- Where is it? (1 Viewer)

Kelly W

Second Unit
I subscribed to Leonard Maltin's DVD Preview a long time ago, but with the big delay, I kinda forgot about it. I checked that email sent out back in June and saw that the next issue was the "up-coming 'feature-packed' Fall 2001 issue which [was supposed to] premiere mid-November".

Unlike some other HTF members, I WAS charged for the cost of a two-year subscription (back in April or so).

Does anybody here know what the status is on this "magazine"?

I wrote an email to Mr. Daniel Graham (the head of distribution) to see what's up. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

-Kelly

Kelly W

Second Unit
Well, it's been a few days now and I haven't gotten a response from Daniel Graham.
He posted a phone number. I'll try calling it to see what they say.
Here's his contact information for anyone who's interested:
Daniel Graham
Head of Distribution
[email protected]
310-479-4918
(He sent this information in his email to all subscribers back in June.)
Does anybody else know what's going on with DVD Preview?
Thanks!!!
-Kelly

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
I may try that number. I e-mailed them recently, but no response as yet.

Terrible customer service! -- if delay, I can understand, but not sending any sort of communication to subscribers who've already paid is unacceptable.

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Yikes, not good news. I just tried the phone number listed for Daniel Graham and am getting a "this number is no longer in service" :frowning:. Anyone have any luck with this number ??

Keith M.

Second Unit
I sent an email awhile back regarding my 2yr subscription which seems like an eternity... They simply responded with excuses about delays and promised an issue by this November. Yet they already have my money!!!

Sounds to me like its time to report them to the better business beaurau...

You would think with Maltin involved, they would be legit...

Please post your findings, very interested...

Kelly W

Second Unit
Yup, the phone number appears to be disconnected. Things aren't looking too good for my poor 19 dollars and 95 cents. :frowning:
Does anyone know how to contact Leonard Maltin? Maybe if we pester him, he might be able to direct us in the right direction.
-Kelly

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I'm also, one of the poor suckers that got sucked into this one, I'm sad to say.

Why did the dude send out the email last summer if there weren't going to be more issues?? Was he just trying to rub it in?

Hope he had a nice Caribbean cruise with our money!

Yeah, let's get on Maltin's case on this one...

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I subscribed last year but checked the "Bill me" option, just in case something like this happened! (WHY does such a good idea seem to keep getting carried out so badly???)

Kelly W

Second Unit
Does anybody have any new news on this?
I have searched high and low, but have not been able to find any method of contacting Leonard Maltin himself. Does anyone have any ideas?
I wrote a letter to Bob Frymire who is listed as "Director of Marketing" on the not-quite-working Link Removed . His address is the only one that is not *****@dvdpreview.tv, so I thought that my chances of reaching him were greater. Here is his reply:
Hi Kelly,
I know that DVD Preview is still working out of the offices at the address listed on the web site. I know they were in negotiations to merge with a publication to be able to put out the next issue. I only worked with them as a consultant for a few months and haven't worked with them for about a year now.
You can try to e-mail [email protected]
He is the Founder and I believe still answers the emails.
Regards,
BF
I have now emailed Patrick Graham and will let you know if I hear anything. (I have already emailed DANIEL Graham, but he would not respond, so I'm not too optimistic.)
-Kelly

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Kelly,
Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. Keep us posted if you hear anything back. FWIW, I just sent an email off to the 10 DVD Preview addresses listed here:
Link Removed
I'm not optimistic, but it's worth a shot.
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrossAtlantic
Recent bookmarks