What's new

DVD players with Faroudja built in (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Where can I find a list/chart of the DVD players with Faroudja built in? I have an X1 projector and am considering getting either a Faroudja equipped DVD player, or an upconverting(thru component) DVD player. Anyone using an X1 projector with an upconverting DVD player? I'm not sure if an upconverting player would give me a better image than a good Faroudja equipped DVD player. Thanks for any advice.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Like you said, the X1 has very good Faroudja built.
So why not look for a player that does an excellent job with interlaced output, this way the X1 Faroudja will still be utilized.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I sort of agree, if your X1 does have Faroudja and pulldown. I'd be inclined to say, fed component video a 480i signal from a decent mpeg decoder'd DVD player, should be about as good as it is going to get.

I'm not the familure with the X1 (well projectors in general), so I really have no idea if it has it or not really.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'll be a smart butt, until somebody that really knows about Mpeg decoders chimes in here with an answer and simply say, well the ones with the best mpeg decoder but of course.... lol

Sorry bout that one, but even Faroudja based players with poor mpeg decoders are still well, poor DVD players in general. Some of the older Sharp players are good examples of this, great DCDi, but poor mpeg decoder equals poor player in general on those guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks