What's new

DVD players with DVI out (1 Viewer)

First, let me apologise for starting a new thread on this, but I can't get the search to return results for 'DVI'.

At any rate, I'm looking for a couple of options for a DVD player which meets these requirements:

1) DVI output,
2) Region free, or can be made region free.
3) Capable of playing DVD-r discs, VCD and SVCD.
4) Play PAL as well as NTSC (nice, but not essential).

So far I've found the Denon 2910/3910 which appears to at least meet some of my requirements, but I'd like a few more opinions/suggestions so I have something to base my research on. Thanks in advance!

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I have a Samsung DVD HD841 that will do what you ask, that is, except PAL playback. Be warned though, I am supposed to be one of the "lucky ones" that has found this player to be an excellent product. Many on these boards slam the player. I believe the new Samsung 941 does what you need too, but it is HDMI not DVI equipped. My player has played everything I have thrown at it, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-A, SACD, regular CD and has only stuttered on a very scratched "WindTalkers" disc. With certain keystrokes on the remote, it can be made to play any region. I have tested this and it works. I recommend the player, although most hereabouts would not. This player is just about 200 bucks MSRP although it can be had for less.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Theoretically yes. Component is still an analog signal where as DVI is a pure digital connection between your source, i.e., DVD player and your TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks