DVD players that do 720p/1080i through component hook-up?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Samuel_Fred, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Samuel_Fred

Samuel_Fred Stunt Coordinator

Jan 6, 2004
    are there any DVD players that do 720p/1080i but not through DVI cable, but through component hook-up?

also, wouldn't 720p be better than 1080i? doesn't progressive effectively double the lines of resolution, making 720 x 2 better than 1080?
  2. Jay Blair

Jay Blair Second Unit

Nov 3, 2001
    Following is a copy of my recent post for a place to buy a Momitsu V880 that does 720P/1080i through both component and DVI. From what I've read, the Momitsu puts out a very good picture. I however don't own one. The LiteOn LVD-2001 also does component but is no longer being sold in the US. Check eBay or the for sale section here and you might find one. I own the LiteOn and the quality at 1080i using component is quite excellant.

"Here is a link to a US company that sells the V880 with a US warranty and US power cord. Cost is $247 plus shipping. Out of stock until the end of the month.

Because I have a LiteOn, I also spent some time looking into the Momitsu and it seems to have more quality issues than the LiteOn, but image quality is likely similar to that of the LiteOn with the added benefit of having DVI and being able to set custom resolutions.

A new firmware for the V880 is supposed to be coming out within a week or so, and apparently some of the quality issues have been addressed by Momitsu with the newest build."