DVD Players on sale Memorial Day

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Walter_C, May 27, 2002.

1. Walter_C

Walter_C Extra

Ok...my first DVD player and I'm trying really hard to actually plunk down the $ and buy it [​IMG]
    BestBuy has a SONY DVP-NS315 ($150) and a SONY DVPNS500V ($200) with SACD.
    WIZ has a Toshiba SD-2800 for ($179 - a bit high) and a Panasonic RV-32 ($149).
    I don't have a HDTV so don't need progressive scan. I aill also be purchasing an audio receiver to hook up the DVD player with my projection TV.
    Somebody....just tell me what I'd be most happy with considering I also burn my own CDRs and need a twin/dual laser player to play them.
    *Even with these 'sales' I can still get anything cheaper via mail order though.
    Thanks,
    Walter

2. sam_canavo

sam_canavo Stunt Coordinator

I have the panasonsic rv31 have been able to play cdrs/rws and made my own vcds. It will not play svcds or super audio.
    It also plays mp3s.

3. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

I'm not familiar with CDRS/RWS units so I won't comment on that. However, I do suggest that you get a progressive scan unit as you never know what you'll do with your system in the future. I bought my DVD player just over a year ago and as I didn't have a HDTV compatibe TV, I opted to not get a progressive unit. Not too long after that we bought a new house with plenty of room for a big screen. My wife bought me a big screen for our anniversary but now I need to upgrade my DVD player to a progressive unit. Bummer eh?[​IMG]

4. sam_canavo

sam_canavo Stunt Coordinator

I just meant that it will play recorded cds and rewritable cds, which to me is a bonus.