1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DVD Players on sale Memorial Day

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Walter_C, May 27, 2002.

1. Walter_C

Walter_C Extra

Ok...my first DVD player and I'm trying really hard to actually plunk down the $ and buy it [​IMG]
    BestBuy has a SONY DVP-NS315 ($150) and a SONY DVPNS500V ($200) with SACD.
    WIZ has a Toshiba SD-2800 for ($179 - a bit high) and a Panasonic RV-32 ($149).
    I don't have a HDTV so don't need progressive scan. I aill also be purchasing an audio receiver to hook up the DVD player with my projection TV.
    Somebody....just tell me what I'd be most happy with considering I also burn my own CDRs and need a twin/dual laser player to play them.
    *Even with these 'sales' I can still get anything cheaper via mail order though.
    Thanks,
    Walter

2. sam_canavo

sam_canavo Stunt Coordinator

I have the panasonsic rv31 have been able to play cdrs/rws and made my own vcds. It will not play svcds or super audio.
    It also plays mp3s.

3. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

I'm not familiar with CDRS/RWS units so I won't comment on that. However, I do suggest that you get a progressive scan unit as you never know what you'll do with your system in the future. I bought my DVD player just over a year ago and as I didn't have a HDTV compatibe TV, I opted to not get a progressive unit. Not too long after that we bought a new house with plenty of room for a big screen. My wife bought me a big screen for our anniversary but now I need to upgrade my DVD player to a progressive unit. Bummer eh?[​IMG]

4. sam_canavo

sam_canavo Stunt Coordinator

I just meant that it will play recorded cds and rewritable cds, which to me is a bonus.