What's new

DVD players: how "programmable" are the most programmable? (1 Viewer)

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
The A-V department at my college is in the process of purchasing its first DVD player (teaching is on the verge of becoming a lot more fun!) In my classes, I like to show movie clips. With a VCR, it has been very simple: queue all the tapes up to precisely where I want them to start, and then just pop them in at the appropriate spots in the lecture.

With DVDs, it is no longer so simple. Now, after playing the first clip, I have to immediately remove the disk, put in the next one, wait for it to get to the first menu, perhaps navigate to a second menu, start the movie, then jump to the scene I want to show. And be continuing the lecture while doing all of these things!

I'm wondering if there exists a multi-disk DVD player that can be programmed to go through all of this automatically. What I mean is, is there any DVD player that can be programmed to go through all the menus right to a specific point (down to the exact second) of the second DVD, and the third, and so on? I don't know if such a DVD player exists, but I figured that this forum would be the place to find out!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, it doesn't exist. What you can do on a lot of discs is manually hit the title button and then enter the title and timecode it's on

Doesn't work on all discs tho

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks