What's new

DVD player won't read discs! (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, thankfully my DVD player isn't doing this but a Friend's is.

Last night my friend called me, panicked, because his year old DVD player/HTib combo unit had stopped reading discs which he had been able to play with no problems no more than a week or two ago.According to him it has stopped reading discs period. I don't know much about the unit other than the fact that it's a Panasonic DVD/Reciever HTib combo unit.

I told him I'd ask my friends here at the HTF.It sounds as though the thing definently has a major malfunction going on but I'm not sure what it could be. Any ideas? thanks.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Whenever I read about this sort of situation my first thought is, How clean and dust-free is the DVD player? Excessive dust and dirt can get flung around inside the player and obscure the laser's lense. Also, is your friend feeding the player clean, smudge-free discs?

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I've thrown out the cleaning idea myself. Isn't there somekind of lens cleaner he can buy at the stores or something? Possibly a CD which he lets run in his player? thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks