dvd player troubles

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Isaacs, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I just realized there is a forum for dvd players..I posted this in hardware and got no reply..

I have a pioneer dv-333 and had it just over a year.I went to put a cd in yesterday morning and its acting up.I pushed open and it opened,and closed on its own...Same thing over and over about 30 times.Now when I push open it turns the unit on then powers down...Any ideas?

Also,I really want an X-box and Will probably need a new dvd player...DOes x-box do ok for dvd?I do not know that I can afford both but want both..

2. steve_jk

steve_jk Agent

My DV-333 tries to load CD's & VCD's but ends up ejecting them. DVD's still play fine. My unit's only 11 months old so it's off to Sears for warranty repair - well at least free parts. I hadn't tried a CD/VCD in a while. Do DVD's still play in yours?

3. Chad Isaacs

No,I cant even keep the tray open long enough...cant even get it to open now.It played a movie fine sat. night then i got up yesterday morning and no go

4. Chad Isaacs

Well,I poped the cover and there was some gum in the tracks for the drawer...hmm,wonder which of my kids did that...

anyway,I got it cleaned out and it works fine now!!I am so excited,every time I try to fix somthing,I usually break it even worse