DVD Player: Toshiba or Onkyo

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Parsons, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Matt Parsons

Matt Parsons Stunt Coordinator

MY old RCA DVD is finally crapping out so it's time. I do not require prog scan so I'm considering The Toshiba SD2700 ($179)and the Onkyo S363 ($199). The Onkyo says it has Brown-Burr DACs so I'm leaning that way, assuming it will sound better than the Toshiba. Any opinions for me?
    ------------------

2. Matt Parsons

Matt Parsons Stunt Coordinator

Come on fellas, no one has any experience w/either of these units?
    I have since found the Toshiba 2715 for $205 and now I think I'll go that way since it's basicly the same as the 2700 except it's a 5 disc changer. Ant thoughts? [​IMG]
    ------------------

3. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

I own two Toshiba DVD players and never had a problem with them playing any DVD. So, I maybe a little biased. Why don't you check here www.audioreview.com and read the comments.

4. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

I've had a Toshiba SD-2100 for a few years now, and for about the last year and a half it's been locking up on me in the middle of movies.
    At first it only happened on rental discs (mostly beat up) and such, but recently it's started freezing and pixilating on my own discs (pristine shape).
    I've dug into a ton of reviews of Toshibas lately and have found a scattering of the exact same problem with most players they make. Not saying it's a really widespread problem with them, but it's something to keep in mind while buying. That's what steered me towards Pioneer this time.