What's new

DVD player suggestions for 65" RPTV (1 Viewer)

Brian:K

Auditioning
I've read a few of the "which dvd player should I get" threads, even the ones that break down into arguements, but I'm still confused about which dvd players I should do more research on (I'm notorious for spending waaay too much time researching before buying).

I've got a Mitsubishi 65413 65" RPTV. I purchased a Samsung HD931 and connected it thru the DVI port, but I was frustrated with some of the 931's features/limitations (and the remote was horrible!).

I'm looking for a dvd player under $300 with a good set of features, Faroudja-based, that doesn't auto-stretch all content to 16x9 (I like having the option). I understand many of the newer dvd players (like the Zenith DVB318) are great for all-digital displays, but I'm uncertain about their performance/quality on a RPTV. What features are needed? What features aren't? Do I need one that upconverts to 1080i, or will 480p be fine?

Please offer up opinions/suggestions for dvd players for my RPTV. I am a novice to much of this, if my comments here didn't already give that away :)

Thanks in advance!

Phil_M

Grip
There are so few differences in all these players that I think reliability should be a key factor...and compatibility is ok too. So I'd suggest a Mits DD-8040 for around 250 bucks. I'm sure your 65413 will like it. They are coming out with an 8050 this month...but will probably be more moola than 300....as it will have dvd-a and sacd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks