1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

dvd player searching

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by matt_matocha, Sep 4, 2004.

1. matt_matocha

matt_matocha Extra

Im looking for a new player that here in upcoming future will be connected to an hdtv monitor.. looking at sony, toshiba, and samsung for now. All 32 in 4/3 with thoughts of maybe a 16/9 but prolly not. Ive been reading the threads on the upscaling players and the new players coming out. So far the denons and samsungs have peaked my intrest. Budget of about 250/300 dollars give or take a little. My question is will any of those players work with a analog tv for the time being until i have the hdtv. Thanx

2. John S

John S Producer

Define work? Of those brands that scale, they only scale out the DVI/HDMI. The zenith dvb-318 scales out the Component Video, but it is changing as well.

3. matt_matocha

matt_matocha Extra

I was wondering if they put out 480i.. as the tv i have now isnt digital. My understanding is to use anything from 480p on up you need an hdtv so i just wanted to make sure it would work for the time being until i upgraded to an hdtv where i would then use the dvi/components at 1080 depending upon player bought.