What's new

DVD player recommendation (1 Viewer)

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I've done a bit of searching, but wanted to know if I could get a another quick opinion.

I have a 27" WEGA TV, does 16:9 but not progressive scan, and my Sony DVD just died.

I'm probably going to be moving to a front projector in the next 6 months, so I either need to get a really cheap player if I'm going to HTPC, or get a player that can also serve me well with the projector.

I'm probably looking around $1500 or less for the projector, so X1, etc. . .

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Wes

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Wes, do you want 4:3 or 16:9 projector? Do you want DLP or LCD? Have you been to Projectorcentral.com yet to read about their "Highly Recommended Projectors?". The best DLP under $1500 is said to be the Optoma H30. I'm still deciding between the Epson Home 10 & Panasonic 300 for LCD under $1500.

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Jim,

I'm still in the process of starting to research projectors, but I'm pretty sure I want a 16:9. It will only be used for movies, and maybe the odd sporting event, etc.

It's for a basement HT room, where there are no windows, so I have 100% light control. I was thinking DLP just because of cost and size. My ceiling isn't very high, so I need a projector that's pretty quiet, as it will pretty much be just behind me over my head.

What do you think? Any good threads to read up on?

Thanks,

Wes

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Zenith DVB318, Samsung 931 or 941 with that DLP should be very nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks