dvd player recomendations

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rodney wiley, Mar 24, 2002.

1. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Ok, I just pulled the trigger on the Denon avr-1082. My old rca dvd player, though I have never had Any problems it dosent decode dts. Can I get a few ideas on a new player in the 300 or 350 range?

2. Mark Gurney

Mark Gurney Stunt Coordinator

Pulled trigger? I can't decide if this means you just destroyed or purchased this wonderful piece of equipment (which I assume is the Denon AVR-1802)! Hopefully the latter!

You can get a pretty decent player in your price range, or even much less. The three players below are all progressive scan players. If you don't currently have a HDTV or do not see one in the near future, you could look to lower-end siblings which would be $50-$100 less. Also, the prices here are just general, ones you would find in your local Circuit City or Best Buy. If you were to go with a online retailer prices would be slightly reduced.

Sony DVP-NS700V $300

Panasonic DVD-RP56 $230

Toshiba SD-4700 $250

Mark

3. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Yes pulled the trigger. I saw someone else use the term and I can relate to the feeling. The denon avr-1082 is the same as the 3802. I may check into the panasonic and toshiba units. Thanks!

4. MichaelGomez

MichaelGomez Stunt Coordinator

there was a good reveiw of the panasonic in the perfect vision. Apparently it has the doubler from farakouda (sp) in it.