What's new

DVD player Questions multiple disk and progressive scan (1 Viewer)

Richard_s

Second Unit
I have the Sony 53hs10 (has component video).

Do all RPTV systems with component video support 480p?

I am assuming that the 480p is the format for progressive scan is that correct?

I was concidering a multiple disk DVD player since I need a new CD player and would also like to get a new DVD player. Seemed like this may be a good way to go or would this be a mistake in that I will compromise performance in some way?

Richard_s

Second Unit
Thanks

The manual only lists 1080I maximum but I found many reviews on-line that state how well this RPTV works in 480P using what they call its native resolution and line doubled 480I which runs with 960 lines so I guess the 53hs10 does support it.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
If you are looking for a new DVD player as well as CD changer, you may want to consider getting seperate pieces. It may run you a little more compared to getting a 5 disc DVD changer for an all-in-one, but getting two pieces may give you better results in both categories.
... something to think about. :)

Richard_s

Second Unit
Adam:
I thought about it :) you are right best to go separate when I looked at the price difference. Thanks.
BTW: given your input I decided to try to get my ailing cd player working. I opened the unit up and manually cleaned everything in site mostly though there was alot of cat hair in the unit that was very hard to remove from around the gears and optics. The unit now works again so all I need is the DVD anyway. I think my cd changer was too close to the floor and was not a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks