What's new

DVD Player Question (1 Viewer)

Shalen

Grip
I'm trying to put together a surround sound system but I don't want to spend too much. I just purchased a Sony Receiver (STR-DE875) and a Cerwin-Vega speaker package (AVS-632). I'm planning on purchasing a Sony Wega Flat-screen KV-27FS13 TV and I'm trying to figure out what DVD player to purchase. I want to keep it at about $900 dollars for the TV and DVD (before tax). I've heard that progressive scan are the best, but from what I've been able to find it looks like this is only an advantage if I had a Digital TV. Is this true? I'm not really knowledgeable about audio/video equipment (which you probably already gathered) so I need a little help. Should I be looking at a different TV or is there something else I should be looking for in a DVD player? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Shalen

Kevin Peak

Agent
Real Name
Kev
With that TV, you will see no advantages that progressive scan players can offer, because only the XBR wegas can display the resolutions that progressive scan requires. Don't get me wrong, it's still a dang good tv, but if you don't plan on getting a new TV for a while, then just get a non-progressive scan player if you want. Although, there are a few inexpensive, yet nice progressive scan players out (Panasonic RP-56 for instance).
------------------
Thanks,
kevp

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks