DVD player problem

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Dan_asdf, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Dan_asdf

Dan_asdf Agent

I'm having a problem on my Phillips Q35 pro-scan DVD player. Regardless of which dvd I am playing, whenever someone says something in a different language and the subtitle appears with the English translation, instead of the subtitle staying on screen long enough for a normal person to read it, it stays on indefinitely, or until a new subtitle pops up. I have found that if I stop the dvd and then hit play again the subtitle will be gone, but then when a new one pops up, the same thing...its stays on the screen.
    Any ideas on what the problem night be? I have messsed with the subtitle button on my remote, but the problem still persists.
    Thanks for the help,
    Dan

2. Dan_asdf

Dan_asdf Agent

anyone...anyone...

3. Brent Smith

Brent Smith Agent

Hi Dan,

Are you watching the movies with subtitling features turned on by the DVD player or by the software (DVD Disc audio menu) and you say it affect any DVD you play all the time or just when the person is talking in another language. Are the DVD' R1 (Region 1) or other region DVD's? Has this problem been ongoing with viewing since the you bought the player or is it something that has shown up recently? Also has anything or anyone played with the player or the TV before this problem started?

Thank you,

C. Brent Smith

4. Dan_asdf

Dan_asdf Agent

The subtitles appear regardless of which subtitle setting I have the dvd player on, although I usually have it set to 'Off'. The dvds are all region 1, and they work fine on my other dvd player, ie the subtitles appear for several seconds and then disappear. I'm not sure how long the problem has been going on, I noticed it when I bought the first Kill Bill dvd, and then again with all the new star wars dvds. Before that I dont think I had played any dvds that featured some foreign languages that required English subtitles. And finally, not one has messed with the player or the TV prior to this problem arising.
    Thanks for the help,
    Dan