What's new

DVD player Problem (1 Viewer)

I've had a pioneer DVD player for about 5 years. I'm planning on upgrading after the new year (Just bought a 50" grand vega and funds are tight).

Anyways, it plays DVD's fine that I have in my collection but won't play rented ones anymore. They display Artifacts and blocks, like when digital tv signals get messed up.

Can I fix this just to get me to the new year.

Thanks

Paul S

Stunt Coordinator
Rental disks are usually covered with fingerprints and smudges. Simply take some windex and a nice paper towel and clean off the disk before you play it. The windex will not harm the disk in any way. Also, if you happen to have eyeglass cleaner it will work just as well.

When you are drying the disk be sure and go from the center out. DO NOT clean the disk in a circular motion.

I have had many rental disks that worked just fine after cleaning.

WOW thanks....I feel kinda, uh, stoopid. That had happened on the last movie I rented from Hollywood as well.

Now I can watch movies and wait till the new year to upgrade.....much appreciation :)

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Sounds like that old player has poor error correction, that causes such problems in reading rental discs. Yes clean the discs and it might help if they are not scratched.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks