dvd player - popping sound - help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan R, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Nathan R

Nathan R Auditioning

Apex 600A player after about 45 mins of playing I start hearing a popping sound from both my front speakers and it continues to get worse. Player is connected to a Technics prologic receiver.
    First I thought it was the receiver or the speakers, but switching to either the tuner or CD player the noise disappers
    ALso I hooked up the dvd player directly to the TV and the same sound appeared
    Thanks for any suggestions

2. Kevin Coleman

Kevin Coleman Second Unit

That's strange? Are you using the digital or analog audio outs on your Apex to got to your receiver and or TV? It sounds like you are using the stereo anaolg outs. If your receiver has a digital audio input try it and see if it still happens. I have heard the analog audio outs on the Apex are nothing to brag about. Where did you buy this player? Can you take it back and try another one?
    Welcome to the forum BTW!
    Kevin C. [​IMG]

3. Nathan R

Nathan R Auditioning

Kevin thanks for the quick reply
    I am currently using analog out, assuming that is the only way to go with a prologic receiver.
    I bought this player at circuit city and have had it for about a year and a half and so far it had worked very well.
    Since it takes about 45 mins for the popping sound to appear I wonder if it the heating that it causing the problem

4. Nathan R

Nathan R Auditioning

any more suggestions - please